Well it’s almost halfway through the year (not quite, but close enough) so I thought I would do an update on my “Dear Me” letter. I realized I didn’t post it here, so I’ve linked it in case you want to go and read what I had posted as my goals for the year. I’m going to be going back over them a bit here though so I think you’ll catch up on them pretty quickly.
Update on Goals
1. I haven’t found a new job, although I’ve been looking. I’ve been trying to apply to a couple of jobs a week either part time or full time. I’ve only had one interview so far.
2. I’m probably not going to publish Blood Oath at this time. That doesn’t mean I’m not going to publish, just not Blood Oath specifically. I’d like to get at least one Leave story published before the end of next month (June) so that’s going to be my goal right now.
3. Using the newly updating fic list (because the other one was driving me nuts), it looks like I have 12 stories finished. Yay me! I’d still like to finish a few more before the end of the year so I’ll keep trucking on that (and hopefully stop ADDING stories to it.)
4. I went through and counted up my blog entries and I actually haven’t been doing too badly with this. Haven’t been doing weekly, but I knew that was a stretch anyway. I have been doing bimonthly. My most has been four in January and I’ve done at least two each month.
5. I’ve been a reviewing machine on WDC. I hit my goal before the end of last year of 1000 reviews and since then I’ve been trying to do at least two reviews a week (this has been helped by working on reviewing a book for another member).
Except for the week I was away, I’ve been participating in Weekly Goals each week. I’ve been hard at work on Monthly Accountability and having a good time with them. It’s nice to be accountable for my goals and I seem to accomplish more when I have a set end point.
I did re-open Naughty Niceties, but it looks like I’m going to be closing it after this round for a variety of reasons. It’s just becoming more stressful and I don’t want to continue running it. I’ll miss running the contest, but it looks like in the long run it will be better.
Finally, I did sign up for Writo de Mayo. It’s a little lower key than Mini-Nano and I’ve been doing all right. I need to update in the forum today (since I haven’t checked in lately, but I’ve been busy.)
Looks like overall my goals are moving along nicely. (And this accomplished a nice chunk of my blogging goal for the month!)
See you for an update on the goals in a few months. And for a new entry in a few weeks!